At any rate, here we are with our swords ready to fight on another day :-)
So if you happened to look at the subject line for this blog post before you began reading it, then you saw these words: This new body of work won't speak to you if...
And just maybe you kept scrolling because you wanted to know what in the world I was talking about.
But first, let's take a step back and let me fill you in on a few deets about this new body of work, since I have no illusions that what I've been sharing recently is at the center of anybody's universe :-)
This is an excerpt from last week's blog post to catch you up:
This new body of work won't speak to you if...
- You're sleep walking thru life, and feel quite comfortable there.
- You're stubbornly unwilling to be curious, ask yourself some tough questions, and be honest with the answers.
- You're afraid of rocking the status quo around you.
- You want others to like you for who you're not.
- You're more concerned with being accepted by your tribe, than you are about becoming real real.
- You just don't want to be inspired to show up in your life more fierce & as yourself.
- You'd rather stick with feeling like you're "not enough" instead of taking the risk of being "too much"
- And most importantly, you're not willing to do so with deep loving kindness for yourself & others.
This new body of work won't speak to you if you are unwilling to show up with deep loving kindness for yourself & others.
So if you're ready to dig deep with curiousity, courage & kindness, and learn more about the strength & ferocity of your own unique one-of-a-kind voice, then let's get this party started!
If not, go back to your comfort zone – this is so not for you.
But you know what? You're here because you passionately LOVE art & creativity. And that means you have an immense capacity for curiosity & adventure ... so I just know you're ready to become real real. And if you were taking a nap, well let's just say one eye just flew open :-)
So go ahead and take that first step, get curious ... watch & listen to some Nina Simone. And if you only have time for a couple songs, I suggest Take Me To The Water & Feeling Good.
Ms. Simone was a fierce warrior, and her powerful voice keeps giving back today. She was one of the lucky ones. Because she was willing to show up strong and as fiercely herself, she slid into that final home base using up everything she had.
More later. But for now just know that I feel so damn privileged to be part of this journey with you.